We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Men’s Designer to join a highly creative team in a progressive, global, youth-inspired company.
The Senior Men’s Designer plays a critical role in executing the vertical brand strategy for SurfStitch. You’ll design and develop seasonal and speed-to-market on-trend ranges, working closely with the GM of Vertical, buying team and suppliers to interpret concepts into viable commercial product.
Interested? You’ll need:
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role within the youth market
- Demonstrated knowledge of garment construction, fit, fabrication and trims
- Demonstrated experience in interpretation of the needs of the market into commercial price relevant and fashion led product
- Experience in product development process with offshore suppliers
- Advanced skills in Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft office programs
- Experience in product inventory systems
- Team member with strong work ethic and flexible in approach
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritise tasks to meet required timeframes
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Creative flair with a commercial eye
- Negotiation and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Display passion and motivation for working in a dynamic surf lifestyle work environment
Key responsibilities of the role include (but are not limited to):
- Develop concepts for designated categories addressing commercial requirements for both local and international territories
- Design apparel and accessories ensuring best use of colour, fabrics, trim, labelling, textile print design and garment finishing ensuring cost conformity
- Coordinate specification packs and manage handover to off shore suppliers and development process with the support of the garment technician
- Adhere to global development timeline ensuring critical path key dates are met
- Work with the marketing team on seasonal campaigns
- Undertake market research and conduct regular competitor analysis
- Build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain effective working relationships with key SurfStitch departments to facilitate information flow / troubleshooting between departments
- Maintain positive relationships with all external parties to ensure SurfStitch content needs are met
This is an exciting opportunity that will allow you to help drive the success for this critical part of the business. You will collaborate with some of the most energetic, competent and creative minds in the industry.
We offer an environment that works hard and plays harder!
Looking for a great team environment that fosters an equally great culture? We've got an awesome open plan setup that supports collaboration.
Like sushi? We have our own sushi café.
Need to relax? We offer free on-site massages.
Like our products? You'll get a generous staff discount.
It's your birthday? Take the day off.
Like the beach? We are located in one of the most coveted locations on the Gold Coast, Burleigh Heads!
To apply, send us your CV and cover letter and tell us why the job is yours.